Permanent Head of Commercial Analytics
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Head of Commercial Analytics
Based in Central London, our client with ambitious growth plans is looking for a Head of Commercial Analytics to join their team on a permanent basis in this newly created position.
This job would suit an experienced revenue manager or data analyst to be responsible for creating value from the company data and analytics tools in order to drive the commercial performance for the business. This individual will provide regular and in-depth analysis on company performances and create/maintain the suites of commercial reporting.
The business is a leader in their field and has recently been acquired by Private Equity who are looking to triple the size of the business in the next 3 years. This position is a management role although the first few months will involve understanding what is currently in place and what needs developing before a direct report is recruited in about 6 months’ time. (There is analytical support from another team initially).
The successful individual will have a keen interest in data analysis with around 5 years’ experience in working in the hospitality industry within data or analytics or revenue management. Previous man management experience isn’t essential but the desire to develop yourself, the business and a future team is very important. You will work closely with the revenue management team and numerous other functions in the business so strong communication skill are essential. A high level of Excel is imperative and previous use of SQL or business intelligence tools would be advantageous.
Duties will include:
* Responsible for the “Business cycle” process where performance is discussed every Monday and revenue priorities set for the rest of the week
* Provide adhoc analysis supporting the business
* Create new set of performance KPIs in order to spot optimisation opportunities and not to rely only on key metrics and STR
* Leverage data to enable a new Test and Learn culture, with clear pre-implementation hypothesis, assumptions, and measure of success, and post-implementation monitoring of impact and mitigation actions when needed
* Apply statistical techniques to find correlations and spot new trends that can represent commercial opportunities
* Participate in yearly budget and create a robust process behind annual initiatives: size, monitoring, mitigation action if deviating from expectations
* Representing commercial in the company wide project, deciding for our future data management ecosystem and tools
* Create and lead an analytic tool commercial roadmap with a view of major changes needed
* Create and constantly improve our suite of commercial reports
* Monitor technology and new tools in the markets that can create commercial value
* Run various strategic adhoc data projects
For more information about this role or any other Head of Commercial Analytics jobs in London, please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates – AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability
302 total views, 1 today