Contract Revenue Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Based in York, our leading client seeks a Revenue Manager to join their revenue and commercial team on a 12-month fixed term contract.
This job would suit a revenue manager with proven experience in a commercial role. This position will be responsible for setting the price for up to 4 million journeys per annum and has a significant effect on revenue delivery.
The company are one of the UK’s leading travel organisations and are continually growing over the years.
The successful individual will be highly numerate, preferably with a degree in a numerate subject or equivalent, and IT systems literate. They will be able to take a strategic view of pricing and revenue issues, as this role will be specifically responsible for the revenue management strategy to maximise revenue balancing yield and volume, achieved through insightful and proactive analysis of revenue performance. You will have excellent communication skills in order to build strong collaborative working relationship with key internal parties.
* Specific responsibility for a portfolio to maximise the revenue in line with agreed budgets and stretch targets
* Monitoring specific markets for events or exceptional situations that will drive short-term demand and identifying opportunities for increasing yield at peak times and increasing volume at off-peak times
* Ensure back up cover can be provided to cover other revenue optimisation team member’s workload in the event of leave/sickness and for key business reports and processes
* Providing, interpreting, and making recommendations on any Management Information from the RM system to other functions
* Developing new ways to present information that enable a better understanding of business performance and as system expert users, enabling others to undertake simple analysis for themselves. Creating an environment in which people want to use the data to maximise profit and market performance
* Strive for continuous improvement in revenue results through increased forecast accuracy and system management
* Proactive approach to generating revenue with emphasis on the revenue growth manager to recommend strategies to address weakness or develop revenue further
* Continually evolve processes and approaches in line with changing market and economic conditions and evolving systems capability
* Develop the awareness and understanding of revenue management across the business such that other departments can build their commercial acumen
* Support the Head of Revenue Optimisation and Team Leader in specifying requirements for new systems capability and undertaking user testing
For more information about this role or any other Revenue Manager jobs in York, please don’t hesitate to contact us in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates – AGY.
Helping you build the career you deserve
279 total views, 1 today